Monday, January 14, 2008

Letters in January

What a lovely cold day to stay inside and answer Christmas mail! As the days got closer to Christmas, I hastily read through the mail and "parked" it. Cards and pictures got put up for display (or decoration, if you wish), but letters went into my Snowman file. Today I reread the Snowman file and noted who I haven't yet heard from. They will be first on my Easter card list.

I love getting letters from families we've known through the years. As we've all gotten older, raised kids, and become empty-nesters, it's fun to hear what these families have become. What were their family characteristics? What held them together? How did they weather sickness and sorrows? And what was their real high of 2007?

Well, I answered the last of the letters today and found three more cards to hang up, much to my husband's dismay. Maybe by the week's end I can take them down, too.

I hate to let go of Christmas. It's my favorite time of the year. Can you tell?

No comments: