Thursday, January 31, 2008

Gift of the Month

Last week in the Pickles comic strip, one lady said to another, "Whew! That's a relief!" The other asked, "How's that?" The first one said, "I finally got all my Christmas shopping done." The other reminded her that Christmas was over a month ago, to which the first said, "No, it's for next Christmas!"

Well, that's what I plan to do, kind of. I'm going to buy one Christmas present each month. With homeowners insurance, property taxes, and seven birthdays occurring in November, December, and January, I need to do something like this. So today I went Christmas shopping. I loved shopping for one gift at a relaxed pace and I'm pleased with my purchase of...a Rubic's Cube. I'm quite sure the child who gets it will have fun playing with it. I could tell you who it is intended for but I might have relatives reading this. so now they can only say, "Oh boy, I hope that's for me!" or "I have one. I hope that's not for me." My secret.

The next step, of course, is to wrap one present each month and tag it. My third step, which should have been the first, will be to construct a list and keep it in two different places. You with memories that don't extend for a year know why.

I will be curious to see how I feel about this plan in November when all the sales start, but for now, it's my plan and I'm sticking to it.
Merry Christmas,
Paulita

No comments: