Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Do You Believe in Santa Claus?

Of course I believe in Santa. I've always believed in him in one way or another. Well, do you believe he comes down the chimney and brings presents? Chimney, no. Presents, no, not the physical ones. I'd call what Santa brings "gifts." Santa brings fun and surprises. He brings mysteries, imagination, and delight. Does he bring joy? No. Jesus brings true joy, peace, and good will. Jesus brings what's lasting into our temporary.

I don't think anyone would sing, "Joy to the world, Santa has come," but many do sing, "Joy to the world, the Lord has come. Let earth receive her King."

Well, does Santa know when you are sleeping and know when you're awake? Does he know if you've been bad or good? No! for goodness sake! But God does, and He's the one you want to watch over you anyway.

One of my favorite figurines shows Santa looking into the manger to see the baby Jesus. Even Santa knows God gave the best gift.

No comments: