Saturday, January 19, 2008

Christmas Pictures

Today I took down all the pictures we received for Christmas. What a treasure! Idivided them into piles to look at them again.

Relatives: the kids grow up, families expand with new marriages and babies, older folks get older, empty-nesters show pictures of themselves in exotic places or with new expensive hobbies/toys. It's our family.

Friends for years: folks we rarely see, some not for 30 years, but it's gratifying that the families are still in tact. We really appreciate the labels that identify who's who in the picture and give us a one sentence summary (many commas included) of each person.

New friends: Everyone needs new friends. Some of these have come through my writing, or my tutoring, or my need of hair color.

I like seeing faces. Now that being said, I'll be sure to include ours in this year's Christmas greeting.

No comments: