Friday, August 15, 2008

Gifts, Gifts, and more Gifts

I've gone Christmas shopping again, but apparently I'm not the only one. An article came out in our local paper entitled, "Christmas in August." It said prices are going to be higher this Christmas season, so it's a good time to shop now. I think I basically distrust the motivation behind the article, but since I had the same idea, (only with a different slant) I'm running with it.

I purchsed four more gifts. Summer is a great time for sales and I found a good one on HUGE beach towels. Do you think you'd like to get a beach towel for Christmas? I generally buy sweaters etc. at Christmas time, but why not beach towels? They might be useful for swimming classes or Hawaiian vacations, and they certainly won't rot waiting for next summer. This super sale offered "Buy one towel, get two free." How could I pass that up? I already have them alloted.

But I said four gifts. I ordered The Bible Answer Book for Students for my granddaughter who will be a senior in high school. It has answers not only for spiritual questions, but for ethical, moral, and social questions. It sounds like a good source of info from someone other than parents. I'll let you know when it comes if I can recommend it further.

Well, from looking at my list I have about 8 more gifts to buy and 4 months to do it. I need to double up. I'll get it done. I really will. Until then...
Merry Christmas,
Paulita

No comments: