Saturday, July 5, 2008

OK, I'm back on track! We are now about the furtherest from Christmas we can be. Here is the central valley of California the temperatures are hot, flowers are in bloom, the trees are fully clothed, and picnics are the order of the day. No snow, no bare branches, no cold, foggy days and no Christmas trees. What I need are some angel reminders to put me in the mood for Christmas.

Angels we have heard on high
Sweetly singing o'er the plains,
And the mountains in reply
Echo back their their joyous strains.

Gloria in excelsis Deo.

Shepherds, why this jubilee?
Why your joyous strains prolong?
Say what may the tidings be,
Which inspire your heavenly song?

Gloria in excelsis Deo.

Come to Bethlehem and see
Him whose birth the angels sing;
Come adore, on bended knee,
Christ, the Lord, the newborn King.

Gloria in excelsis Deo.

Yes, that's what I need to inspire my earthly song. In my mind's eye I come to Bethlehem and see Him whose birth the angels sing. I come on bended knee and adore Christ, the Lord, the newborn King.

As I begin the last half of the year 2008, I still have more carols to share, more gifts to buy,
and more stories and scriptures to add to our inspiration and enthusiam of celebrating Christmas. Will we get it all done so we can enjoy the reason for the season in December?
Yep, we will.
Merry Christmas,
Paulita

No comments: