Thursday, July 10, 2008

Am I Keeping Up?

Yes, indeed, I did buy a June gift. It was probably frivolous, but one that will be enthusiastically received - something every woman wants and needs. No, I can't afford diamonds or even a gift card at Macy's, but it's almost as good.

I think this month's gift will be books. After all, I do teach reading, so I promote the written word whenever possible. I have a son who reads voraciously so it's rather hard to keep ahead of him. He likes the unique, intellectually challenging books usually by controversial authors, but not always. Sometimes I can log onto his Amazon wish list for ideas.

Do you see why I need to do this month by month? It's too hard to think during the "Christmas rush," usually the time between Thanksgiving and Christmas, but lately the time between Halloween and Christmas, and maybe next year, the time between Easter and Christmas. I think I prefer the time between Christmas and Christmas. Hence, A Year of Christmas. Not that I need to keep the commercial part of Christmas on my mind all year, but I do think I'll be glad that part is done. Besides it's more fun when I have time.

By the way, Merry Christmas to you,
Paulita

No comments: